I had been eyeing the 100 Acts of Sewing patterns for awhile so when this dreamy greeny bluey Japanese linen came in I knew exactly what I wanted to make from it- Shirt No.1.
I had so much fun making this shirt. I also learned a few new things! Like, how to put bias tape in a neckline, and how a french seam works. I also learned that linen needs A LOT of steam and a very hot iron in order to get it to behave. Also, this shirt came together in one afternoon even with ample distractions and breaks.
The pattern itself is only one piece, you just cut out two, one for the front, the other for the back. The fun comes once you've sewn the pieces together and get to try your shirt on to mark where you want your neckline to be- the possibilities feel pretty infinite. Scoop neck, crew neck, v neck, to name a few. The way Sonya Philip has constructed this pattern with built in customization's really speaks to my need for personal modifications. I will definitely be making a few more of these t shirts. I already have plans to make a cropped one and to try making a dress length variation. I might even add some pockets! Making this top definitely got me excited to try out basically every other 100 Acts of Sewing pattern.
I plan on wearing it basically year round, probably always with a knot tied in it with jeans and boots, skirts and leggings, a long necklace, dressed up and down. It is a beautiful and perfect staple piece.