FTC's Summer Sewing Challenge 2019
Friends, we are super excited to announce that we’re bringing back the #ftcsummersewingchallenge this year! And this year we want you to join in the fun, take on a new technique, and win a prize!
The Summer Sewing Challenge 2018 began as a way to challenge ourselves and the staff here to take on new sewing techniques, ones that can perhaps be intimidating, and to better get to know the sewing patterns that we carry.We had a blast last year and learned so much that we’re back for a second round, committed to expanding our sewing skills, challenging ourselves and trying different fabric substrates. Sewing a perfect collar, mastering the button placket, jeans making, bra sewing….we’re branching out and sewing brave!
We’ll be sharing our progress along the way. This year, we thought it would be fun to invite everyone to join us in our Summer Sewing Challenge. Here are the details of how to enter your creation:
- Creations must be new and sewn between May 21st and August 8th, 2019
- Post a photo of your creation by August 8th
- Tag @fancytigercrafts and use the #ftcsummersewingchallenge and #fancytigercrafting hashtags
- In the caption, tell us what challenge you took on in this sewing project. It could be anything that you feel stretches your sewing skills from first ever garment, first buttonholes, made a full bust adjustment, worked with slinky fabric, first pair of bottoms, swimsuit, etc.
- There are no winners, but EVERYONE who posts will receive a participation prize ribbon from us, mailed to you.
- In order to receive your free prize, email us email@example.com by August 10th with your mailing address and a link to your Instagram post. If your account is private, you can send us a screenshot of your post and we’ll send your participation prize ribbon!
It’s time to get sewing! We can’t wait to see what you create!